39 Inspirational Fall Quotes to Celebrate the Change in Season
Fall is nature's reward for making it through the stifling heat of summer.
It's time to say goodbye to summer and welcome the fresh, cool days of autumn. Celebrate the change in season with my favorite fall quotes.
These 39 quotes will remind you why fall is one of the best times of the year.
This is Fall, and it's Magical
The air takes on a crisp bite. The trees show off their magnificent coats of red, orange, and gold foliage.
Enjoy fresh-pressed apple cider and a slice of apple pie. Take time out to enjoy hayrides, fall festivals, and the state fair. Watch the squirrels dart around tirelessly gathering food for the winter.
The days grow shorter and cooler and nature prepares for a winter nap.
This is fall, and it's a magical time of year.
39 Quotes for Fall
1. Autumn is a special time of year. These 39 inspirational fall quotes reveal the beauty and significance of the season.
2. "There is a time in the last few days of summer when the ripeness of autumn fills the air, and time is quiet and mellow." - Rudolfo Anaya
3. “It was a beautiful, bright autumn day, with air like cider and a sky so blue you could drown in it.” - Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
4. “And all the lives we ever lived and all the lives to be are full of trees and changing leaves.” - Virginia Woolf
5. "Autumn is the mellower season, and what we lose in flowers we more than gain in fruits." - Samuel Butler
6. “Another fall, another turned page.” - Wallace Stegner
7. “Autumn… the year’s last, loveliest smile.” - William Cullen Bryant
8. “Autumn leaves don't fall, they fly. They take their time and wander on this, their only chance to soar.” - Delia Owens
9. "I loved Autumn, the one season of the year that God seemed to have put there just for the beauty of it." - Lee Maynard
10. "Of all the seasons, autumn offers the most to man and requires the least of him." - Hal Borland
11. "Love the trees until their leaves fall off, then encourage them to try again next year." - Chad Sugg
12. “Autumn mornings: sunshine and crisp air, birds and calmness, year’s end and day’s beginnings.” - Terri Guillemets
13. "My heart is drumming in my chest so hard it aches, but it's the good kind of ache, like the feeling you get on the first real day of autumn, when the air is crisp and the leaves are all flaring at the edges and the wind smells just vaguely of smoke - like the end and the beginning of something all at once." - Lauren Oliver, Delirium
14. “Even if something is left undone, everyone must take time to sit still and watch the leaves turn." - Elizabeth Lawrence
15. "Autumn is the eternal corrective. It is ripeness and color and a time of maturity; but it is also breadth, and depth, and distance. What man can stand with autumn on a hilltop and fail to see the span of his world and the meaning of the rolling hills that reach to the far horizon?” - Hal Borland
16. “Anyone who thinks fallen leaves are dead has never watched them dancing on a windy day.” - Shira Tamir
17. “Spring passes and one remembers one’s innocence. Summer passes and one remembers one’s exuberance. Autumn passes and one remembers one’s reverence. Winter passes and one remembers one’s perseverance.” - Yoko Ono
18. “Fall has always been my favorite season. The time when everything bursts with its last beauty, as if nature had been saving up all year for the grand finale.” - Lauren DeStefano
19. “Autumn colors remind us we are all one dancing in the wind.” - Lorin Morgan-Richards
20. “A fallen leaf is nothing more than a summer's wave goodbye." - Unknown
21. “Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns." - George Eliot
22. "Life starts all over again when it gets crisp in the fall." - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby
23. "And the sun took a step back, the leaves lulled themselves to sleep and autumn was awakened." - Raquel Franco
24. "Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower." - Albert Camus
25. "Autumn shows us how beautiful it is to let things go." - Unknown
26. “How beautifully leaves grow old. How full of light and color are their last days.” - John Burroughs
27. “Notice that autumn is more the season of the soul than of nature.” - Friedrich Nietzsche
28. "I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers." - L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
29. "Winter is an etching, Spring a watercolor, Summer an oil painting and Autumn a mosaic of them all." - Stanley Horowitz
30. “It looked like the world was covered in a cobbler crust of brown sugar and cinnamon.” - Sarah Addison Allen
31. “I see the turning of a leaf dancing in the autumn sun, and brilliant shades of crimson glowing when the day is done.” - Hazelmarie “Mattie” Elliott
32. “The heart of autumn must have broken here, and poured its treasure upon the leaves.” - Charlotte Bates
33. "Autumn leaves shower like gold, like rainbows, as the winds of change begin to blow." - Dan Millman
34. "I can smell autumn dancing in the breeze. The sweet chill of pumpkin, and crisp sunburnt leaves." - Ann Drake
35. “See it, smell it, taste, it, and forget the time of day or year. Autumn needs no clock or calendar.” - Hal Borland
36. "Autumn is the antidote to stifling summer.” - Terri Guillemets
37. "Two sounds of autumn are unmistakable…the hurrying rustle of crisp leaves blown along the street…by a gusty wind, and the gabble of a flock of migrating geese.” - Hal Borland
38. "There is something so special in the early leaves drifting from the trees—as if we are all to be allowed a chance to peel, to refresh, to start again." - Ruth Ahmed
39. “And the sunsets of Autumn—are they not gorgeous beyond description? More so than the brightest dreams of poetry?” - Charles Lanma
I will leave you with one final quote:
“If a year was tucked inside of a clock, then autumn would be the magic hour." - Victoria Erickson
Enjoy the beauty of this magical time of year.
Comments are closed.